Jane Kazmereck (Lois from ''Series/MalcolmInTheMiddle'') guest stars as the voice of a new, harsher judge who punishes Bart (for joyriding in a police car) and Homer (for letting it happen) by tethering them together.
* AcquaintedWithEmergencyServices: Judge Roy Snyder is shown to know Bart already pretty well when he is brought to court. Bart knows him pretty well too, since he knows that he will let him of the hook, since "boys will be boys".
-->'''Marge''': I love our court days. It's about the only thing we do as a family anymore.\\
''(the Simpsons walk past a bailiff)''\\
'''Lisa''': ''(to the bailiff)'' Hey, Karie.\\
'''Karie''': Hey, Lisa.
* BaitAndSwitch: Homer and Marge tried to nail a sign at Judge Harm's house, we see it starts with the letters "[=BI=]". Then we get to see it actually reads "Big Meanie".
* BigDamnHeroes: Judge Snyder gets back from vacation exactly one second before Judge Harm is able to make Bart's sentence official.
* ButForMeItWasTuesday: The Simpsons attitude to appearing in court. Marge says it is the only thing they do as a family anymore.
* ChainedHeat: Bart and Homer.
** Bart and Homer are tethered together and one evening, they fight. Homer starts to strangle Bart by putting the tether around his neck. Bart grabs the tether and starts whipping Homer on his buttocks.
** Judge Harm sentences Marge and Home to have their heads and hands locked up in wooden stocks. Later it is made harsher -- they have to stand at the road, bend over and be spanked by drivers. Nelson even whips them with an extension cord.
* CoolAndUnusualPunishment: Bart and Homer are tethered to each other, then Homer and Marge are pilloried. And then, they are forced to stand by the curb so people driving by can spank them ([[EvenEvilHasStandards as long as they don't use extension cords]])
* HangingJudge: Although for personal gains since she does obey the law, Constance Harm is quick to let people know how she got that name.
* JerkAss: [[CaptainObvious Judge Harm's]] punishments are outdated, bordering on illegal.
* KarmaHoudini: Lisa calls Bart out for not taking responsibility for his actions and letting his parents be punished. It isn't until Homer and Marge are sentenced to jail when Bart finally admits he deserves the punishment instead of them. He still gets away with it, though, thanks to the more lenient Judge Snyder taking over at the last minute.
* NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast: Judge Harm really lives up to her name.
* NoCelebritiesWereHarmed: Judge Harm is a parody of Series/JudgeJudy.
* OhGodWithTheVerbing: Professor Frink's [[OneSceneWonder brief appearance]] on his rocket scooter.
-->'''Frink:''' Look out because of the zooming!
* OutOfCharacterMoment: Though Moe has been shady, trigger-happy and short-tempered in the past, WordOfGod says that Hank Azaria was so befuddled by Moe robbing Homer of his $600 Italian pants by gunpoint that he ad-libbed the line:
-->'''Moe:''' Yeah, I rob now.
* PunishedForSympathy: Bart would've gotten this for standing up for his parents had Judge Roy Snyder not arrived just in time. He [[ScrewTheRulesImDoingWhatsRight even agrees with Lisa]] considering Bart, Homer, and Marge have been through enough.
* ScalesOfJustice: Held by a statue of Lady Justice as a child in front of the Juvenile Courthouse.
* ScrewTheRulesIMakeThem: When it comes to Harm's punishment, this tropes makes sense even if she obeys the law.
* SelfDeprecation: During the chalkboard gag, Bart writes "Nobody reads these anymore."
* ShoutOut: As Bart and Milhouse head toward a large tanker of soup in Wiggum's police car, Officer Sniffy covers his eyes and exclaims, "[[Franchine/ScoobyDoo Ruh-oh!]]"
* SkewedPriorities: After Homer and Marge accidentally sink her houseboat, Judge Harm is more upset that the quilt made by her grandmother was ruined.
* SlapstickKnowsNoGender: Upon returning home after Judge Harm tethers them, Homer and Bart race each other to the kitchen, [[https://frinkiac.com/gif/S13E02/462295/464172/ resulting in Lisa getting caught by the neck and knocked down]].
* SpecialGuest: Jane Kaczamarek brings out her [[Series/MalcolmInTheMiddle Lois]] as Judge Constance Harm.
* YouRemindMeOfX: During Bart's trial, Judge Harm tells him "You remind me of me when I was a little boy." Only Snake gets weirded out by [[UnsettlingGenderReveal its implications]].
-->'''Snake:''' Um... did she say she used to be a dude?