- Heroic Willpower: How Six eventually regains his memories of being tampered with.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The Fake Number Six gets killed because Rover assumes he's the fake.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Six delivers one of these to Fake Six after he regains his sanity.
- Sanity Slippage: Six suffers some of this in the middle of the episode, starting to doubt he's actually his own identity.
- Spotting the Thread: Number Two picks up on Six's impersonation of Fake Number Six fairly early.
- Wham Line: "I am Six!" It is the first time Six ever refers to himself as his number instead of his name.
Recap / The Prisoner E 5 The Schizoid Man
Number Two uses a double for Number Six in a complex plan to make the Prisoner doubt his own identity. Removing a mole from his hand, brainwashing him into being left-handed, and impairing his fighting skills, they proceed to make him believe he's actually someone sent to replace the real Number Six while the Fake Number Six pretends to be him to his face.