Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 11 Modern Love The Return Of Nano
Nano is back, and after watching an old fashioned television program, it's on a mission to make a family for itself. In the meantime, April and Casey are growing closer...
This episode provides examples of
- Almost Kiss: Between Casey and April
- Amusement Park: Most of the plot takes place on Coney Island.
- Artistic License – Physics: Don turns the roller coaster into an electromagnetic pulse emitter, which emits a ball of EMP that soars along the tracks like a train car, and only takes out Nano and not any of the other tech in the immediate vicinity
- Bittersweet Ending: Poor Nano is deactivated—lamenting not having a family. Meanwhile, the Turtles give April a missing treasure so she can use the reward money to rebuild her shop.
- Characterization Marches On: In the prior episode, Harry actually did come to care for Nano and regretted his apparent death. This time, he just sees Nano as a means to an end and wants nothing else to do with him.
- Delaying Action: Raph, Mikey and Leo fight Nano to give Don time to set up his EMP emitter.
- From Bad to Worse: During Nano's last tantrum, the Turtles try to talk to him to calm him down. Nano brings up his memory files of their last encounter and proceeds to get even angrier.
- Jerkass: Once Harry has got his stolen loot back, he doesn't want Nano around any more.
- Nanomachines: Nano
- Not a Date: April and Casey keep insisting to Splinter and the turtles that their late-night jaunt to Coney Island is this. Technically speaking, it wasn't—it was originally just a repair job that Casey was doing and invited to tag along and help him, but it quickly goes into a date-like mode, and after Donny whisks away April to help him in defeating Nano, Casey gets mad and says, "That sneaky little green nerd just stole my date!"
- Troubled Child: Nano takes it a step further than last time. Having the mind of a child, he willingly enters the role of the child in the old-fashioned show he watched and wants to build a family with Harry as "Daddy" and Dr. Marion Richards as "Mommy." And, of course, when he doesn't get his way, his tantrums are quite dangerous.