Recap / Stargate Universe S 1 E 5 Light
Destiny is set on a collision course to the star. There is only working shuttle, three planets in the system that might
support life, and a lot of desperate people.
- A Birthday, Not a Break: Sgt. Riley's birthday is the same day he's forced to abandon Destiny, apparently forever.
- Dissonant Serenity: Rush is very calm about the likelihood of dying by stellar gravitation effects.
- Escape Pod: 17 of the crew will use the shuttle as one, hoping that the only 'Goldilocks' planet in the star system is habitable.
- Face Death with Dignity: Most of the Destiny crew accept their fate, but there are exceptions like Sergeant Spencer.
- Lottery of Doom: Young holds one, to determine who will escape the doomed ship in the remaining shuttle.
- The Power of the Sun: The Destiny is literally powered by the sun. The ship dives into suns to recharge its power reserves.