Recap: Regular Show S 03 Ep 34 The Best VHS In The World
Mordecai and Rigby must return a video cassette to the video rental store — and find a troll who worships the video like a golden idol.
- Bowdlerization: Surprisingly, the entries mentioned in Getting Crap Past the Radar below weren't altered in the Cartoon Network UK version. What was altered was Mordecai and Rigby talking about the violence the video store uses for people who don't return videos or pay their late fees. In the American Cartoon Network version, the Video Shack Hut guy said the collection agency guys "break thumbs." In the UK version, "break thumbs" was replaced with "punch faces." The accompanying dialogue ("We either return the video, pay a thousand dollars, or have our thumbs broken." "We don't have that kinda money! And I really enjoy my thumbs!") is also edited to replace thumb-breaking with face-punching.
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "It's a piece, alright!"
- Rigby's buttcheek pants is actually a bra.
- Muscle Man and Hi-Five Ghost's conversation about racket balls. The original line centered on "shuttle cocks" (which makes more sense in context since they're playing badminton and badminton doesn't use balls) but the censors thought that was going too far.
- It's the Best Whatever, Ever!
- Shout-Out: The Best VHS in the World is housed in a golden VHS case, somewhat reminiscent of those orange-colored cases◊ Nickelodeon used to release their VHS tapes in.