Mr. Gold and Regina send Ariel back to Storybrooke with an item that will allow Belle to locate a hidden artifact that could help take down Pan. But unbeknownst to them, two men have broken into the town with the intent to stop them – at all costs. Meanwhile, Emma, Neal and Hook attempt to find Dark Hollow, where Peter Pan’s shadow dwells, in order to capture it, and Mary Margaret is upset with David for keeping his poisoning a secret from her.
- Arbitrary Skepticism:
- Belle read about Pandora's Box but hadn't realized it was real.
- Hook, as well:Hook: A coconut? Are you daft?
Neal: You came to Neverland on a pirate ship through a portal, but you draw the line at a magic coconut?
- Betty and Veronica: Neal and Hook, respectively, are quickly becoming this towards Emma.
- I Have Your Sister: John and Michael Darling have been in Pan's service for over a century because he has had their sister Wendy as his prisoner for all that time.
- Heel–Face Turn/Good All Along: John and Michael really had no choice but to do Pan's work to keep Wendy safe. It takes all of five seconds for them to switch sides once Belle gives them a better option.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Wendy pretends to have one.
- I Don't Like the Sound of That Place: Dark Hollow, lampshaded by Emma.
- Those Two Bad Guys: We are introduced to two new mook brothers working for Pan, John and Michael. Subverted in that they are doing Pan's bidding because he has their sister Wendy.
- Trick-and-Follow Ploy: Inverted—Pan pretends to send Felix out to check on and feed a supposedly sick Wendy, knowing that a distrustful Henry will follow to find out his "secret" and thus come around to his supposed plan to save magic (and Wendy).
- Weirdness Magnet: Lampshaded by Happy the dwarf; he's kind of glad Snow and Charming have gone away because nothing weird and magical has happened to Storybrooke in the five days since they left for Neverland. Cue Ariel's arrival...
- You Do NOT Want To Know: John and Michael to Ariel about what a gun is.
- You Just Told Me: Unintentional on Neal's part, but because Hook assumed he had heard his secret and that Emma had told him about their kiss, he ends up accidentally confessing about their "dalliance."