Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 10 E 05 The Blood Waters Of Dr Z
Film watched: ZaAt aka The Blood Waters of Dr Z
Tropes present in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation include:
- Berserk Button: "If you ever sing Jerry Reed again I will crush you into a fine powder."
- Continuity Nod: "I think I'll head over to Party Beach and see how the horror is doing."
- Fan Disservice: Tom and Crow have Prof. Bobo and Brain Guynote perform a scene from Glengarry Glen Ross in the nudenote to prove their point that nudity makes any movie scene better. Mike then points out to the robots that they probably should've specified female nudity.
- And then the 'Bots suggest Mike seeing Pearl nude.
- Take Over the World: One host segment has Crow parody Leopold's opening narration, but focusing on shoes instead of fish (as Mike is trying to polish his shoes). He also wedged himself into the bulkhead.Crow: They think I'm insane. They're the ones who are insane! Soon, there will be shoes the size they've never seen before, who... who... like human flesh! And then at just the right moment... ATTACK!
Mike: Crow, come on down from there.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: As Martha walks into the ocean at the end of the movie, the 'bots look forward to seeing a "wet, clingy dress." And then the camera pulls back.Crow: No, movie, don't!