Recap / Milo Murphys Law S 1 E 34 Fungus Among Us
Milo, Dakota and Cavendish are being warned by themselves from the future of an emergency in 1965, so they head to that time period while simultaneously inspiring Orton Mahlson to create Dr. Zone. Then, they discover a conspiracy takeover led by one of King Pistachion's sons, Derek, who plans to lock up every human being and replace them with a Pistachion in disguise, having successfully done so in the present. After returning to the present with a leaking time vehicle and discovering where the people are held, Milo, Dakota, Cavendish and Orton must find Professor Time to invent time travel earlier in order to avert Derek's scheme.
- Aside Comment: Melissa glances to us, the viewers, and imitates an explosion at the paradox of a-warning-voicemail-from-Dakota-in-1965-to-Milo-in-the-present with Dakota and Cavendish there now.
- Big Bad: One of King Pistachion's sons, Derek.
- Capture and Replace: The Pistachions' scheme this time is to imprison all the humans and take their place in society until the human race is outnumbered.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Dr. D finding Milo and companions in his pizza guy trap.
- Creepy Monotone: "How has your day been progressing?"
- Darkest Hour: Definitely. Everyone has been imprisoned, the Pistachions rule the streets and all known time time portals and methods of time travel have been eradicated. It all rests on Milo, Diogee, Mahlson, Cavendish and Dakota to find Professor Time so that they can undo the present that is the Pistachions.
- Delivery Guy Infiltration: It's implied Doofenshmirtz built a trap specifically to defy this trope.
- Latex Perfection: The Pistachions' masks are this. In the present, the masks are being made in a storage room in Lard World.
- Out-of-Character Alert: Several of the disguised Pistachions do stuff that seem pretty weird for the character they're impersonating to do (e.g. Max driving a windowless van and Mr. Drako standing in bright sunlight). Another trait they share is asking "How has your day been progressing?" in a Creepy Monotone voice.
- Previously On: The Cold Opening of this episode is a brief recap of what happened during Missing Milo.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Hope remains in a 13-year old Walking Disaster Area and his dog, an actor, and two hapless, down-on-their-luck time travel employees.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Milo, Diogee, Orton Mahlson, Cavendish and Dakota have to find a way back to the past to defeat the Pistachions and undo their rule in the future.
- Side Bet: Early on, Zack bets Melissa that Milo and time travel won't end well. Later, they are captured by the Pistachions and learn it had to do with what happened with Milo. Cue Melissa handing over the money.
- Speak in Unison: "How has your day been progressing?" is creepy on its own, but it's creepier when it's said by multiple people at once, like when Zack and Melissa walk into a diner just for everyone to say it together.
- Trailers Always Spoil: The teaser ad for this episode reveals that Heinz Doofenshmirtz will make an appearance, who in fact only shows up during the last few seconds of the episode, right before "To Be Continued" appears.
- Also overlaps with Never Trust a Trailer as the line Doof says ("wait, the dog's name is Diogee, what's up with that?") doesn't appear at all in the episode.
- To Be Continued: The Pistachions seem to have replaced all the humans and Milo, Dakota, Cavendish, Orton and Diogee have gone to Professor Time's house to ask for help. When Heinz Doofenshmirtz finishes his line, it cuts to "To Be Continued".
- Villainous Legacy: King Pistachion may have been erased, but his legacy is still causing trouble.
- Wham Episode: The Pistachions have taken over Danville and likely the whole world, which causes Milo to meet a character from Phineas and Ferb, taking the Shared Universe elements to their logical conclusion.
- Wham Shot: It's revealed that Professor Time is none other then Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
- When Trees Attack: Applies to the Pistachions.
- The Worf Effect: Even Brick and Savannah are imprisoned by Pistachion army.