Recap: Millennium E 09 Wide Open
His children are far from safety; They shall be crushed at the gate Without a rescuer.Frank tackles the case of a couple brutally murdered in an open house viewing, while Catherine tends to their young daughter's psychological trauma.
- Forced to Watch
- Gory Discretion Shot: The killing of the parents
- Hope Spot: Frank's figured out the perp and his MO of scoping out open houses advertising high security, and is waiting for the killer to strike after the open house is bought by a family.... but the guy never shows. Then Frank realizes. This is one house in an entirely new subdivision, each home with the same floor plan and security. Frank has enough people in place that the killer won't get away, but he's not going to get caught before killing another family.
- Shout-Out: The graphologist is named James Glen, after writer/producers James Wong and Glen Morgan, who worked on both Millennium and The X-Files.
- They Look Just Like Everyone Else: Cutter blends into the community frighteningly well, even being employed as a crossing guard.
- Xanatos Gambit: The killer's ultimate goal is to force Patricia to relive the killing through her testimony.