Recap: Extra Credits Tutorials 101
Tutorial: A method of transferring knowledge and may be used as a part of a learning process.
- A game tutorial is especially important as it is integral to being able to deliver a deep, rich game for the audience
Rules About How To Put A Tutorial
Outro: Trix by Tepid
- Less Text, as too much text kills pacing and destroys immersion
- Make the tutorial interactive to the players
- No front loading and giving too much information right form the start, it will overwhelm the players with information and the players will forget what they have been told
- Instead, provide the players information as they needed and introduce new gameplay elements as they needed, it will make the players they the new gameplay elements right off the bat
- Make the tutorial fun
- Reinforce learning through play
- Listen to your players
- Be mindful to the demographic, try to get past your own perspective
- Make sure that tutorials are skippable and would not interrupt the flow of play
- Make your tutorial accessible to your game all the time, put it in your option screen is recommended
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.