Recap: Doctor Who S33 Short "Songtaran Carols"
Strax sings a series of Christmas carols, Sontaran-style, to the viewer.
The Doctor, Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint and Clara Oswin Oswald are alongside him listening, laughing, and generally having a good time enjoying themselves.Can be watched here.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Most of the songs start as normal until the end ...Strax: It proved to be a tactical disadvantage as it allowed me to punch him in the dark!
- The Comically Serious: Strax seems very earnest about his Sontaran Christmas carols.
- Dolled-Up Installment: Seems an awful lot like a gag reel done in-character, as all of the characters smile towards the viewer throughout the entirety of the short as Strax sings, and nothing shown is relevant to the plot of future episodes. Also, since Victorian Clara is alive, there is nowhere this can fit into the timeline.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: Once Dan Starkey finishes the warped lyrics of his last carol in-character as Strax, the whole cast breaks down with laughter after visibly trying to hold it in to the end.
- ♪ Twelve battle fleets ♪♪ Eleven cloning batches ♪♪ Ten ATMOS cars ♪♪ Nine cloaking fields ♪♪ Eight executions ♪♪ Seven "Sontar-HA's" ♪♪ Six wretched Rutans ♪♪ FIVE GOLD GRENADES! ♪♪ Four acid traps ♪♪ Three scalpel mines ♪♪ Two probic pods ♪♪ And a rabid laser monkey! ♪