Recap: Digimon Tamers E 21 Juris Partner My Leomon
Juri picks up some bread at the Matsuda bakery and finds that Takato is out. She walks out and runs into Hirokazu and Kenta, who decide to lead her over to where Takato is.Yamaki has the Wild Bunch bring up the base program data of the Digimon, but they struggle to decode Shibumi’s code. Yamaki tells Jiangyu that the existence of Digimon is threatening his children, and urges him to find the data.Hirokazu, Kenta, and Juri sneak into the bushes near Guilmon’s hideout and watch Takato, Jian, and Ruki discuss the Devas and what Jian’s kenpo teacher had told him. Hirokazu and Kenta, worrying about them, wish that they were Tamers so they could help and ask Juri what she thinks. Juri claims that she’s not even involved in the Digimon card game...only for a ton of cards to fall out of her pocket.Hirokazu and Kenta awkwardly look back at Guilmon’s hideout to find Takato, Jian, and Ruki gone. They conclude that they must have gone after an evil Digimon and run off to look for them, while Juri decides to go home. On the way, she finds Culumon and gives him some bread...while the mysterious, strange-looking kid looks on.Juri bonds with Culumon over the bread and wonders if Culumon is her partner, since they’re good friends. She declares herself to be Culumon’s Tamer, while Culumon is flustered. They’re approached by a hostile Digimon called Kumbhiramon, a Deva who quickly declines Juri’s fearful suggestion that he might be her partner. Still believing herself to be Culumon’s Tamer, Juri tries to get Culumon to fight against Kumbhiramon, but Culumon is too afraid and the two run for it.Kumbhiramon corners Juri and Culumon, but they’re saved by the emergence of a Digimon that Juri uses her cards to identify as Leomon. Juri is charmed and wonders if Leomon is her partner. Leomon, declaring himself to be a fighter against injustice, takes on Kumbhiramon and sends him flying. Juri immediately latches onto Leomon, who’s rather put off by her rather abrupt assertion that she’s his Tamer. As Juri gets progressively more and more clingy, Leomon runs off to prevent the situation from getting any more awkward, while Juri chases him.The chase gets to Guilmon’s hideout, and when Culumon’s about to point out to Juri where he is, Leomon pulls him in to keep him quiet. Takato and Guilmon find him and assume that Leomon’s attacking Culumon, and an exasperated Leomon decides he’ll fight if he has to. Juri, however, quickly appears and tells Takato that Leomon is her partner. Leomon is completely confused by this entire situation, not really understanding what a Tamer is and why Juri is latching onto him, and when Juri continues to be unsettlingly clingy he runs off again.Takato calls Jian for advice, and Jian suggests that it might be something different...
- Takato: Katou!Juri: What?Takato: Have you ever fallen in love?Juri: Yeah!Takato: When?Juri: Kindergarten!Takato: Thanks! (to Jian) It’s not her first love.
- Japanese Honorifics: Juri insists on calling Leomon "Leomon-sama", to his chagrin.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: When eating the bread Juri gives him, Culumon vocalizes the Japanese onomatopoeia for eating ("mogu mogu mogu mogu").
- Stock Footage / Transformation Sequence: Juri gets her own dedicated sequence when she borrows Takato’s Digivice for a Card Slash. Probably because she actually does eventually become a Tamer (the sequence is used in a later episode).
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: Leomon's reaction to Takato picking a fight with him.