After a conversation with Daria and Jane during a rainy ride home from the movie theater, Mr. O'Neill assigns his class to make a movie, and Daria and Jane choose to make a documentary about Quinn and her shallowness. Meanwhile, Jake becomes obsessed with a childhood video that shows him falling off his bike with no one to help him up.
This episode provides examples of:
- Attack Backfire: Daria and Jane's original intention was to humilliate Quinn with the documentary. Daria makes a last minute edit when she has a second thought on it, resulting in the video making Quinn even more popular.
- Conscience Makes You Go Back: Daria starts to feel guilty the night before the assignment, deciding to re-edit the video to put Quinn in a more sympathetic light.
- Genre Savvy: Helen figures out that Daria is going to use the movie to humiliate Quinn pretty quickly.
- Hidden Depths: Moments before Daria and Jane finish editing the video, Quinn enters the living room and talks to them on why she doesn't want to appear foolish in the video, revealing that she doesn't enjoy popularity that much but still goes along because she thinks it's the only thing she's good at.
- Nightmare Sequence: Daria has a nightmare of she becoming Quinn, while the Fashion Club (all of them with Jane's face but with their original voices) are praising her.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Immediately realizing what Daria wanted to do with her video, Helen called Daria out for intending to humilliate her own sister. While Daria didn't heat her at first, later Daria and Jane started to feel guilty after Quinn gives them a piece of her mind on why is so important to her to keep her shallow facade.