23rd Oct: It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
Ladies and gentlemen, our next presenter needs no introduction. (walks away)
- Seth MacFarlane introducing Meryl Streep at the Oscars
I just realized you can see completely through my dress.
- Acceptance speech at the 2004 Golden Globes
I would like to thank BAFTA for this wonderful honor, I would like to spank... (horrified look) thank Spike Jonze...
- Accepting a BAFTA for Best Original Screeplay for Charlie Kaufman
And, can I just say there is no such thing as the Best Actress, you know. There is no such thing as the greatest living actress.
- Accepting a Screen Actors Guild Award for Doubt
I was just getting so settled over there for a long winter's nap.... oh, God, oh I didn't have anything prepared well, you know, it's been since, like, the Pleistocene era that I won anything...
- Accepting a Golden Globe for Adaptation
This is the greatest award because it sort of - throws it in the teeth of the critics. And it says that you love the movie and I love the movie and I'm so glad you did!
- On her National Movie Award win for Mamma Mia!, which had mixed critical reception
There are days when even I think I'm overrated - but not today!
- Accepting and Emmy for Angels In America
I would just like to say that, in my long career, I've played so many extraordinary women that I keep getting mistaken for one.
- On winning a Golden Globe for Julie And Julia