- Her Golden Globe nomination for Kramer vs. Kramer and the ceremony happened right after she had given birth, and she didn't have any money to buy a dress for it. So she wore her wedding dress. As she had just given birth, her breasts swelled up with milk and burst there at the ceremony. So when she won the award, she had to accept it while trying to cover up the stain on her chest.
- Whenever she appears on The Graham Norton Show, she usually gets a good moment in.
- She described her 'no-witch' rule - that she was offered three witch roles the year she turned forty and didn't want to play them. Mark Ruffalo smoothly said "so what's changed in the last five years?" Cue The Big Damn Kiss from Meryl.
- Hugh Grant described his dislike of Drew Barrymore...
Hugh: She made the mistake of giving me notes. How would you take that?
Meryl: I took them very well, didn't I?
- When shown a website called 'Hairy Chests I'd Love To Cry On', she said "I'm not on there, am I?"