'''Basic Trope''': Deliberately misspelling words -- often including throwing in a few extra Z's and X's -- to make a work more appealing to the younger audience.
* '''Straight''': ''Super Skaterz''
** ''Zztuper Zelectrixx Koolnezz Fighterz''
** ''Zup@ Xtrem Electrixx Kewl Fyterz: Furi''
* '''Downplayed''': ''eXtreme Skaters''
* '''Justified''': The story takes place in a futuristic society where the alphabet has changed and Z's actually do replace S's.
* '''Inverted''': A writer thinks it would be really, really cool to take all the Z's and X's ''out'' of the title.
** The hero, Sam, only writes his name as "Zam" to look cool in print.
** Or the name Zam isn't related to Sam and is actually pronounced with a Z
* '''Double Subverted''': Although his birth name is actually Zam.
** A corporate executive rents a teamwork-building video for his employees. The movie is called "Bizness Skillz".
** ''Zupa Xtremli Myspelt Tytl Kuz Kidz Lyk Dat, Rite?''
* '''Zig Zagged''': A comic writer can't decide whether to use extra-cool lettering, so the work's title is constantly changing.
* '''Averted''': A 90's-style superhero comic contains no X's or Z's in the title.
** '''[[ExecutiveMeddling Meddling executives]]''': "Nah, a title like that won't pop off the shelves. Add a Z or something!"
** The work was originally titled ''Skaters'', which can't be trademarked as-is because it's a common word. However, the deliberate misspelling ''Skaterz'' can.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Look, if I knew how to spell, I wouldn't be called the Kool Kat."
* '''Invoked''': A group of ragtag teens [[LeaningOnTheFourthWall breaks the fourth wall]] and erases the S in "Super Skaters", changing it to a Z with red pencil.
* '''Exploited''': "When my comic-writing rival names his work something idiotic with lots of cool letters, I'll swoop in with a correctly-spelled title and win over the intelligent crowd!"
* '''Defied''': A book-smart writer refuses to add cool letters to the title, even if doing so would be beneficial.
* '''Discussed''': "Maybe you should add a few cool letters here and there."
* '''Conversed''': "Why does the title have so many X's? Are we 5 years old?"
* '''Implied''': While talking about in-universe comic books, Alex says that he didn't buy "the one with a lot of X's and Z's in the title". This comic book is never shown.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alex insists on writing his name as "[=AleXX=]". He insists it's "awesome" and "edgy", while everyone else in-universe mocks him for being TotallyRadical.
Back to XtremeKoolLetterz
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???