: A character has wings, but cannot fly.
- Straight: Bob has wings coming out of his back, but cannot fly.
- Exaggerated: Bob has huge wings that are almost as big as the rest of his body, and cannot fly.
- Downplayed: Bob can use his wings to glide short distances.
- Bob's wings are too small to carry his weight.
- Bob cannot use his wings to fly, but it's because his wing was injured.
- Inverted: Bob has no wings or other body part that could let him fly, but he can fly anyway.
- Subverted: After practice, Bob learns how to fly...
- Double Subverted: At least he thinks so, but it was All Just a Dream.
- Parodied: Other characters use his wings as a coatrack or a fan.
- Zig Zagged: Bob can fly, but frequently picks up the Idiot Ball and forgets this.
- Averted: Bob can use his wings. Or, Bob has no wings.
- Enforced: Bob is a character in a Video Game which uses the Insurmountable Waist High Fence. Letting him truly fly would bring up even more Fridge Logic.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob realizes his wings could, theoretically, be used to fly, and so with practice, and perhaps some surgery and magic, learns to do so.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Wings Do Nothing