: A character has wings, but cannot fly.
- Straight: Bob has wings coming out of his back, but cannot fly.
- Exaggerated: Bob has huge wings that are almost as big as the rest of his body, and cannot fly.
- Downplayed: Bob can use his wings to glide short distances.
- Bob's wings are too small to carry his weight.
- Bob cannot use his wings to fly, but it's because his wing was injured.
- Inverted: Bob has no wings or other body part that could let him fly, but he can fly anyway.
- Subverted: After practice, Bob learns how to fly.
- Double Subverted: At least he thinks so, but it was All Just a Dream.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Bob can fly, but frequently picks up the Idiot Ball and forgets this.
- Bob can use his wings.
- Bob has no wings.
- Enforced: Bob is a character in a Video Game which uses the Insurmountable Waist High Fence. His wings are an iconic part of his appearance, but letting him truly fly would bring up even more Fridge Logic.
- Lampshaded: "No, I can't fly. I somehow grew wings not too long ago, but boy, was I disappointed when I found out that they don't work."
- Invoked: Bob gets a non-working pair of wings grafted on.
- Exploited: Bob may be unable to fly, but he can use his wings to fan himself and his friends on hot days.
- Defied: Bob realizes his wings could, theoretically, be used to fly, and so with practice, and perhaps some surgery and magic, learns to do so.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Why don't Bob's wings work? They certainly look like they should, and he's never mentioned any sort of injury to them."
- Played For Laughs: Other characters hang their coats on Bob's wings, against Bob's will.
- Played For Drama: Bob falls to his death thinking his wings will work.
Back to Wings Do Nothing