: Close friends or allies become bitter enemies.
- Straight: Hiro and Ichigo were the closest of friends, but events later, they despise each other.
- Exaggerated: Hiro and Ichigo were best friends to the point that they put each other over anything in the world. Nowadays they're arch enemies who only want to kill each other.
- Hiro and Ichigo weren't exceptionally close, but were still respectful to each other, but now they are on opposite sides.
- Although Hiro and Ichigo dislike each other, they are still friends nonetheless. After that, the dislike has turned into burning hatred.
- Hiro and Ichigo used to be best friends during high school. Come university and career time, and the two drifted apart, and while they don't particularly hate each other, now they don't really care for each other, preferring to move on with their lives.
- Inverted: Hiro and Ichigo were enemies to each other, but later become friends.
- Hiro and Ichigo don't know each other.
- Hiro and Ichigo begin to miss each other and want to make up.
- Double Subverted:
- But it turns out they were just pretending to not know each other because their old friendship soured so badly.
- But after one of them reminded each other of that particular mistake, they go back hating each other.
- Parodied: The self-destruction of Hiro and Ichigo's friendship was due to fighting over the last piece of cake.
- Zig Zagged: They change sides (and stories) often, going from friends to enemies again in an eye blink.
- Averted: Hiro and Ichigo remain as friends.
- "We need a new villain for Hiro. I know, let's have Ichigo to oppose him."
- The author wants to make a point that not all good friendships last forever.
- Lampshaded: "There goes Ichigo. He was my friend. Was is the key word."
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz, who is sick of Hiro and Ichigo's unbreakable friendship begins telling nasty lies about what they've thought each other.
- Exploited: ...only to have Ichigo to become his newest member of the dark alliance.
- Defied: Despite every obstacle that is placed between them, they choose to remain as friends.
- Discussed: "It's a shame to see great friends like Hiro and Ichigo to becomes completely separated from the other."
- Conversed: "Hiro and Ichigo are enemies! What am I complaining about. I'm sure they'll be friends again by the end of the season."
- Reconstructed: The friends manage to bring back Hiro and Ichigo together again to defeat Emperor Evulz and save the world, but while their differences are still irreconcilable, they don't hate each other like they used to.
Hey, Troper. It's me, an old friend of yours. Or used to be. We Used to Be Friends
until you allowed this website to take over your life and damage our friendship