: A male character
is sent to buy tampons or pads for his wife, girlfriend, daughter, sister, etc.
- Straight: Alice starts her period a couple of days early, and just used the last of her tampons. She's running through The Long List of stuff to do, and doesn't have time to stop by the drugstore. So she asks Bob to go get them.
- Exaggerated: Bob moves Heaven and Earth to get there, and get the tampons without being questioned by all his buddies (that were there buying condoms), and get them home...only to have Alice get pissed at him for "buying the wrong ones."
- Downplayed: Bob is going out grocery shopping, and Alice adds them to the list before he leaves.
- Alice doesn't have time to buy them.
- Alice is young, and still kinda ashamed of buying these on her own, so she sends her brother for them to avoid the embarrassment.
- Alice (or Bob) runs the Trojan Gauntlet
- Alice buys tampons herself, but she's kind of embarrassed about it.
- Alice sends Bob out to buy her a home pregnancy test.
- Alice grabs tampons herself.
- Bob comes back with beer. (Bonus Points if he didn't get tampons.)
- Bob is OK with it.
- Double Subverted:
- Then she sees Bob from math class (whom she has a huge crush on) working the register, and puts them back, tosses them into her mom's cart, or shoplifts them.
- But then he meets Charles, and hides the box so Charles won't think Bob is "whipped." (Bonus Points if Charles sees the box, and Bob says, "Oh...how did that get there?"
- Bob doesn't know which kind Alice prefers, makes a guess (or just grabs a box at random) and is told by Alice that it's the wrong kind.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice doesn't ask Bob to get tampons (or other feminine hygiene products) for her.
- Enforced: All Periods Are PMS
- Lampshaded: "Why can't she just buy these herself?! I don't know anything about tampons!"
- Invoked: Alice has been low on tampons, and she puts buying them on her to-do list, but as per Finagle's Law starts three days early. She doesn't have time to get them, but Bob is just sitting there playing video games.
- Exploited: Charlie, Unlucky Childhood Friend to Alice, knows her insensitive boyfriend Bob will be reluctant in this area, and when he hears Alice mention she's running low he volunteers to buy more for her hoping to get brownie points.
- Alice knows Bob won't get the right kind, and that he won't bother to send a text and ask her, so she just makes the emergency trip to the store herself.
- Bob refuses to go. (Although he knows he'll probably get Exiled to the Couch, or outright dumped.)
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Tampon Run