Playing With: Suspicious Video Game Generosity
: A video game generously distributes items that will be needed in an upcoming event.
- Straight: Before fighting the Final Boss Transforming Mecha, the player is given a great deal of first aid kits and incendiary bullets.
- Exaggerated: Before fighting ANY Mook the player is showered with equipment and healing items.
- Downplayed: There is always a modest sized ammo cache and a medkit before a boss fight but they are scattered throughout the dungeon before entrances anyway.
- The rooms before boss fights only contain useless potions...
- The room packed with equipment and healing items is the last room; no boss fight comes after it.
- Double Subverted: ... Which when thrown on the boss do extremely high damage.
- The player finds a "Good Luck With The Boss In The Next Room!" cake that restores all health.
- The player finds dozens of ammo crates before a Breather Boss.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes the game gives you useful items before a boss. Sometimes, it does not.
- Averted: Nothing is found before the boss fight.
- Enforced: The Dev team thinks the boss cannot be beaten without special items, so there.
- Lampshaded: "These stuff we found here...I feel like we are going to need it soon..."
- Invoked: The boss's sense of honor demands a fight on equal terms so you'll be as prepared as he is for the fight.
- Exploited: The Five-Man Band sold the items they found and bought the BFG they are supposed to get two hours later. No one in the party ever dies again.
- Defied: Before the boss fights you'll find an area that once held generous supplies heavily looted and anything left behind burned.
- Discussed: "Now that we got our items, let's go beat up whatever is in the next room!"
- Conversed: "This game always shower you with items when a boss is in the next room...where are those from, anyways?"
- Deconstructed: The team takes the weapons...and when they try to use them, finds out that they don't work, because the Big Bad left them there as Shmuck Bait.
Before heading back to Suspicious Video Game Generosity
, have a few grenades and shotguns, free of charge!