'''Basic Trope''': Dancers appear out of nowhere to help with a musical number.
* '''Straight''': Alice is facing an armed squad blocking a bridge. Since this is a musical, she summons a group of dancers to help her [[DanceBattler dance fight]] against all of them.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice summons so many dancers that they collapse the bridge with their combined weight.
* '''Downplayed''': There a lots of mirrors and reflective surfaces nearby, along with one or two people who gamely help Alice with basic choreography, which just so happen to make it look like Alice is really dancing with tons of people.
* '''Justified''': Alice knew about the blockade, and used herself as a distraction so her friends can sneak up on the soldiers and ''further'' disorient them with dance synchronized fighting.
* '''Inverted''': Alice is walking to the bridge with her musical theater troupe, who run away in fear once they see the soldiers.
* '''Subverted''': Alice starts singing, dancing, and once she reaches the chorus... no one sings it. She's all alone.
* '''Double Subverted''': Because they were waiting for a BigDamnHeroes entrance, and after a [[BeatPanel beat]] swoop in singing.
* '''Parodied''': Alice takes out a bottle marked "Acme Dehydrated Dancers" and rehydrates them.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice makes angels appear to sing alongside her, except they were just a figment of her imagination, until they came to life! But it turns out it was a DreamWithinADream, and Alice isn't even singing out loud.
* '''Averted''': Whenever someone sings and dances, they do so alone.
* '''Enforced''': It's a musical.
* '''Lampshaded''': "You know, I wonder where all those backup dancers go after a song is done? Do you think they just go for coffee or cash a check or something?"
* '''Invoked''': Alice organizes her friends and coworkers into a passable backup dancer group, and gives them Supermanlike spandex costumes to wear under their clothes so they can beat their rivals.
* '''Exploited''': The bridge guards know that Alice may come in to dance battle, so they rearrange the layout of the bridge to make it both too narrow and not carry music well, thus limiting any benefits number or dance fighting would have.
* '''Defied''': Alice shoos away the backup dancers so she can do a solo song.
* '''Discussed''': "You soldiers think you outnumber me? All I have to do is sing a few words and I'll have a platoon backing me up!"
* '''Conversed''': "If everyone on this show can make backup dancers appear when they sing, no matter where they are, how can they not feel like they're BeingWatched all of the time?"
** There is an agency you can contract that trains ninja-dancers to follow you around, and sing and dance along side you at a moments notice.
** No one sings. ''Ever'', Not even humming alone, since doing so may cause an impromptu musical number at the most annoying time.
* '''Reconstructed''': The lead characters have to spend considerable time training alongside their backup dancers, or to literally summon them.
Back to SummonBackupDancers
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???