: Two related characters, usually a parent and child, look nearly identical.
- Bob looks almost exactly the same as Charlie, his father.
- In a non parent-child variant, two siblings look very similar.
- Bob looks the same as his father Charlie, and his uncle Dan, and grandpa Ed, and great-grandpa Felix when he was younger...
- The siblings are conjoined twins.
- Downplayed: Bob and Charlie share some of their father's features and some of their mother's... but only look alike in the dark or to people with bad eyesight.
- It turns out that Bob is actually Charlie's clone.
- Bob and Charlie are identical twin brothers.
- My Own Grampa.
- Inverted: Though not adopted, Bob looks absolutely nothing like anyone in his family.
- Subverted: It seems at first that Bob looks almost the same as Charlie and it's hinted that he must be his son, but it's revealed that they're unrelated, and the resemblance is coincidental.
- Double Subverted: Then, Bob's parents inform him that he's actually adopted, and Charlie's his real father.
- Parodied: Bob and Charlie look exactly alike except for a height difference, which causes Bob's friends to think Charlie is him and vice versa.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob might somewhat resemble his father Charlie, but the two still look very different.
- Enforced: "No, we need viewers to figure out that they're related right away!"
- Lampshaded: "Wow, Bob, you're really growing up to resemble your dad, somehow."
- Invoked: Bob idolizes his father Charlie and tries to make himself look as much like him as possible.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Not wanting to be mistaken for his father, whom he dislikes, Bob dyes his hair and tries to distance his appearance from Charlie as much as possible.
- Discussed: "Aww, Charlie, your new baby's so cute!" "It'd be creepy if he grew up looking just like me, like all those movie children, huh?"
- Conversed: "Dude, this new episode's confusing. Is that Charlie or his kid Bob there? I can't even tell anymore, they look so alike it's just creepy."
- Young Bob loathes his father Charlie, and is constantly burdened by the stress of their strong resemblance, fearing that he will grow up to act just like him.
- A whole society like this ends up having a stagnating gene pool because children are all direct clones of their parents.
Aw, this back
button looks just like you!