: Characters run and jump across falling debris.
- Straight: When Emperor Evulz tries to kill Alice with Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies, he's shocked to see her racing towards him across the same falling rocks he just dropped on her.
- Exaggerated: Emperor Evulz detonates a number of buildings, in a desperate attempt to kill Alice. As he looks at the carnage, he's shocked to see Alice leap from building to building.
- Downplayed: As a column cracks and starts to topple, Alice grabs her chance and scrambles to the top of it before it hits the ground.
- Inverted: Alice has been blown into the air by an explosion, and runs back through the shrapnel to get back down to earth.
- Subverted: Alice runs up the debris until she realises how impossible that is, at which point she starts falling.
- Double Subverted: But then she remembers that she is a Gravity Master.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob stop running to have a brief conversation about how impossible it is that they're doing what they're doing, before deciding to just not worry about it too much.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice hides from the falling rocks, and climbs up the heap of rubble once it's settled.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "How are you doing that?"
- Invoked: Alice can't see a way to climb out of a cave... so she blows up the ceiling and scrambles up the falling rocks.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Quick! We can run up the stones as they fall!" "You... you never did very well in physics class, did you Bob?"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Stepping Stones in the Sky