'''Basic Trope''': A couple showers together.
* '''Straight''': AliceAndBob take a shower together.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice and Bob actually have sex in the shower.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice and Bob can shower together, but save the actual sex for when they get out.
** Alice and Bob are a very [[InsatiableNewlyweds intimate couple]] who maybe want to try something new during sex.
** On a pragmatic level, showering together (theoretically, at least!) saves time and water.
* '''Inverted''': Alice and Bob shower separately.
** Alice gets in the shower alone, while Bob brushes his teeth.
** Alice and Bob shower together, but don't have sex.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** But then Bob joins her in the shower. Cue SexyDiscretionShot.
** But then The Mood strikes, and CoitusEnsues when they get out.
** Alice and Bob use the soap as not only a lubricant, but an actual sex toy.
** Alice and Bob get into a shower stall... And [[GRatedSex literally sing together]].
** Alice and Bob hosts a morning TV show together -- in their shower -- which leads to sex.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alice and Bob don't shower at all.
* '''Enforced''': A writer wants Alice and Bob's relationship to be HotterAndSexier.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Save water, shower with me, Alice!"
* '''Invoked''': Alice and Bob are InsatiableNewlyweds on their honeymoon.
* '''Exploited''': [[GentlemanThief Charlie]] robs them blind while they ''are'' blind to everything but each other's beautiful nude bodies.
** Alice and Bob don't find the shower a sexy setting, so they have sex either before or after they shower.
** Alice and Bob don't find showering together appealing.
* '''Discussed''': "Wouldn't it be hot if we showered together and got to [[HurricaneOfEuphemisms kissing, cuddling, squeegeeing, nosing, loving, et cetera, et cetera]]?"
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': RealityEnsues -- shower sex isn't without its challenges: it can be slippery, and water tends to wash away the body's natural lubricants.
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice and Bob find a position to use that won't result in slipping and falling and hurting themselves on hard surfaces, and use lubricants (usually silicone-based) that are water-sex friendly.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice and Bob can't get into a good position in the cramped stall shower, slip on the soap, et cetera.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** Alice and Bob are having makeup sex.
** One of them dies because of the hazards that come with having sex in the shower. The other comes down with SurvivorGuilt.
** Alice and Bob break up, and they are so depressed about losing their love, they both go home to masturbate in the shower.
** Due to poverty Alice and Bob have to live in a house with many other people. Because of this they can not use any of the bedrooms or even the living room due to the possibility of waking someone up. The bathroom is the only place were the two have privacy and even then they have to run the water to cover up the noises they make.
Back to ShowerOfLove
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???