: A reference to other work.
- Straight: Charlie makes a reference Work 091 by saying the most well-known quote from that book.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Charlie is a huge Work 091 fan.
- Inverted: Take That.
- Subverted: The audience, after some situation, expects Charlie to quote Work 091. Instead, he says an original quote.
- Double Subverted: After Charlie says the quote, Uma comments "I admire your resistance against temptation to quote Work 091 after what just happened."
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Nothing famous is referenced.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "And in case you were wondering, that was a reference to Work 091."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "I'm not gonna reference anything!"
- Discussed: "Now imagine if we would start quoting famous works based on a situation similar to this!"
- Conversed: "Aren't you gonna mention Work 091?"
- Deconstructed: Charlie is sued by the creator of Work 091 afterwards.
- Charlie isn't sued, but he has to pay royalties.
- Charlie isn't sued—because the Shout-Out included due credit. The creator of Work 091 appreciates the free publicity.
Back to Shout-Out