: An object colored red will appear to move more quickly than normal.
- Straight: Bob's racecar is red. It regularly outruns other racecars that are not also red.
- Exaggerated: Even though every other car in the race is red, Bob's racecar is candy apple red, so he still wins.
- Downplayed: Bob manages to beat a competitor with an identical-model racecar by a few milliseconds because his is red.
- Justified: The red paintjob is new. Bob's racecar was always the fastest.
- Inverted: Bob's car is red, and the slowest.
- Subverted: Bob's red racecar is the slowest car on the track.
- Double Subverted: But the other red cars are the fastest.
- Parodied: Bob's racecar is not only red, but is covered with flame decals and leaves flame trails and a visible Redshift where it drives.
- Zig Zagged: The red paint's speed-enhancing powers randomly turn on and off at the start of each race.
- Averted: Bob's racecar is the fastest one on the track. It's also green.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "That red car looks like it goes the fastest."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Bob's red racecar consistently breaks down.
- Bob's sense of honour prevents him from abusing red paint to beat his opponents.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Every racer paints their car red in order to go faster.
Back to Red Ones Go Faster