'''Basic Trope''': A part of the plot is given attention, but abruptly dropped and LeftHanging with no resolution.
* '''Straight''': Debora joined AliceAndBob's rebellion against the wishes of her father, an officer of TheEmpire. After they defeat the BigBad and end his rule, no mention is made of what happened to Debora's father.
* '''Exaggerated''': A great deal is made of her father, Debora, and the conflict inherent. The instant she joins, Debora is flattened into a character whose only purpose is to shoot.
* '''Downplayed''': Debora joined AliceAndBob's rebellion, leaving her cat at home. After they defeat the BigBad and end his rule, no mention is made of what happened to Debora's cat.
* '''Justified''': When she joined the rebellion, Debora [[IHaveNoSon completely severed all ties with her family.]]
* '''Inverted''': Debora's conflict with her father grows into the main conflict of the series, pushing Alice and Bob OutOfFocus.
* '''Subverted''': On rewatching the series, the viewer realizes that the plot thread was resolved...
* '''Double Subverted''': ...But it's only if one assumes her father was killed with no fanfare whatsoever during the final battle.
* '''Parodied''': The entire plot is focused on the conflict between Debora and her father and then the story ends without any resolution at all.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Debora joins AliceAndBob in defiance of TheEmpire and her father. This isn't mentioned for ages afterward, but is abruptly picked up again when her father is promoted and becomes a major adversary. Eventually, the heroes defeat him and the issue seems to have been resolved by force... but Debora doesn't feel any closure. Then it turns out her father is NotQuiteDead, and it's hinted he's going to come after them again... but that scene's the last the audience ever sees of him, as he's never mentioned again or makes any obvious moves against the party.
* '''Averted''': Nothing appears in the story that leaves open the question of what happened to whom.
** The [[ExecutiveMeddling executives]] dislike the [[GreyAndGrayMorality shades of gray]] Debora's subplot is bringing into the series; rather than write her out entirely, the creators compromise and simply drop the thread entirely.
** It's AllThereInTheManual.
* '''Lampshaded''': In the DVD commentary, the writers note that they never resolved the issue of what happened to Debora's father.
* '''Invoked''': Deborah really isn't looking forward to facing her dad, and hopes that subplot will just get ignored so she doesn't have to suffer through it.
* '''Exploited''': The BigBad Ellen uses Debora's father's anger at being forgotten to make him [[FaceHeelTurn join her]].
* '''Defied''': "Yes, we all know you want to know what happened to Debora's father. He was shot just after the last time we saw him."
* '''Discussed''': "Don't you hate it when they build up something like it's gonna be important and then they just abandon it?"
* '''Conversed''': "What? Do you really think I'd abandon my dear father?"
* '''Deconstructed''': The author decides to not mess around with plot threads brought up in the sequel because fans kept demanding for resolution of the Debora's father plot thread.
* '''Reconstructed''': The author lied, and so uses it again in the sequel.
* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': The writers never intended to resolve the thread in the first place; Debora's father and his MyCountryRightOrWrong philosophy existed to introduce the idea that not everyone in TheEmpire was evil and foreshadow other plot elements, such as Bob having a HeroicBSOD after being forced to [[ShootTheDog hurt innocent citizens of the empire while defeating a]] VillainWithGoodPublicity. The exact question of what happened to Debora and her father after TheEmpire's defeat was LeftHanging so the audience would think about the ramifications of the heroes' actions.
* '''Played For Laughs''': "You know if Debora's father showed up here it might be an interesting plot twist -- huh, looks like we won't get it."
Back to RedHerringTwist
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???