'''Basic Trope''': A pride parade is held, empowering people of non-mainstream sexuality and/or gender identity. Onlookers may or may not like this, for various reasons.
* '''Straight''': The parade serves as a setting, background event or plot device.
* '''Exaggerated''': The portrayal of the parade focus on colorful but shallow stereotypes.
* '''Downplayed''': The parade is an outwardly normal parade sponsored by a Gay-Straight Alliance.
* '''Justified''': The characters have helped organize the event, or are looking forward to attending.
* '''Inverted''': A "Straight Pride" parade, or somebody talking about how there should be one.
** The characters try to arrange a parade, but the local authorities forbid it for one reason or another.
** Despite the rainbow flags and colorful and skimpy outfits, it is actually [[OlderThanYouThink a traditional festival.]]
* '''Double Subverted''': However, the festival died out a generation ago - until it was restarted as a pride parade.
* '''Parodied''': The paraders (and/or counter-protesters) are StrawmanPolitical.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': There is no pride parade.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': A character (or the narrator) talks about the parade, analyzing some aspect of it.
* '''Invoked''': A real or hypothetical pride parade is mentioned.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': ???
* '''Discussed''': "Troperville should have a pride parade sometime."
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Someone argues that Pride parades do nothing but glorify stereotypes of sexual and gender minorities, and don't do enough to focus on "normal" members of the community.
* '''Reconstructed''': Someone else retorts that a parade of gay accountants would be immensely ''boring'', and would be more about fitting in than showcasing diversity.
* '''Played For Laughs''': People in the parade and/or audience are hilarious.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** The narrative bring up issues of hate crimes, homophobia, and so on.
** Or complains about this horrible threat against the respective country's culture or dominant religion.
* '''Untwisted''': The local authorities are very strict, and you'd think they would prohibit a pride parade, but they allow it.
Back to PrideParade
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???