- Straight: Alice often has to keep her co-workers Bob, Claire, and Danny under control.
- Exaggerated: She spends more time doing this than she spends actually doing her job.
- Downplayed: Alice will occasionally have to calm her co-workers down, but not much else.
- Justified: Hey, someone's gotta keep these people in line!
- Inverted: Alice is the only quirky co-worker of an otherwise sane cast. They spend most of their time keeping her under control.
- Subverted: Alice is actually just as insane as the rest of them.
- Double Subverted: ...but she knows that she has to behave herself at work, and tries to make the others do the same.
- Parodied: Every workplace in Troperville has someone like this.
- Zig Zagged: Whether Alice is holding the Sanity Ball or not varies Depending on the Writer.
- Averted: Alice's co-workers are just as sane as she is.
- Enforced: "We need some sanity in this show! Let's introduce someone to keep the others in line."
- Lampshaded: "Honestly, without me, they'd never get their work done!"
- Invoked: Alice's boss, Eudora, hires her specifically to help her keep her employees under control.
- Exploited: Her coworkers never worry about their Zany Schemes going south because they know that Alice will be the one to clean up the mess.
- Defied: "I give up! I'll never be able to get these people to get their work done!"
Eudora: Thank God I hired you. Otherwise no one would ever get their work done.
- Conversed: "Have you ever noticed that there's always one normal employee in these shows?"
Danny, put down the stapler and head back to Only Sane Employee.