Playing With: One True Sequence
Basic Trope: Whenever there's a set of objectives, the villains and the heroes will always bump into each other while completing said objectives.
Back to One True Sequence
- Straight: Alice and Emperor Evulz, when chasing after a MacGuffin's location, always meet up and fight over the same clue.
- Exaggerated: Emperor Evulz had thousands of possibilities of clues to look for, as did Alice. But no - they unwittingly choose to follow the same objective. Every single time.
- Downplayed: There are many clues out there. Alice and Emperor Evulz clash over more of them than random chance would dictate, but there are also many they hunt down without opposition from each other.
- Emperor Evulz is trying to hamper Alice's progress.
- There is a logical order to the clues that Alice and Emperor Evulz follow.
- We always see Alice and Emperor Evulz fighting over clues, because those are interesting. Most days they're working towards different clues and nothing of interest happens, so it's all off-screen.
- Inverted: No matter how hard the two try, Emperor Evulz and Alice can never manage to meet when trying to find the MacGuffin.
- Subverted: Emperor Evulz stumbles upon Alice finding clues to the MacGuffin's location twice. On the third time, though, he just says "Screw it" and goes to find another clue...
- Double Subverted: ...but goes back to that same clue's spot, while Alice is still there.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Emperor Evulz stumbles upon Alice finding clues to the MacGuffin's location twice, and leaves to find another clue on the third time, but goes back to the same clue's location while Alice is still there, but goes to find another clue when he finds that he went to the same location (he had a slip in memory), and manages to go to another clue that Alice isn't at, but wait, there's Alice walking up to the clue...
- Averted: Emperor Evulz and Alice never bump into each other.
- Enforced: "We want it to be clear Emperor Evulz is looking for these clues, too, so let's have him and Alice meet up when she gets close to one."
- Lampshaded: "Evulz, I know that you want these clues, but seriously, why do you keep on bumping into the same ones I'm trying to get?''
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: In order to fulfill a particularly nasty Batman Gambit, Emperor Evulz has spies to see which clues Alice is going to check out so he could meet her there.
- Defied: Alice makes sure to know which clues Emperor Evulz is going to look at so she doesn't bump into him.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to One True Sequence