: Someone looks younger than they really are.
- Straight: Bob is seventeen years old, but is often mistaken for a ten-year-old
- Downplayed: Characters assume Bob is 12, but he's really 15.
- Bob was put under a curse that makes him look young forever (or made a Deal with the Devil to look young forever, a la The Picture of Dorian Gray)
- Bob is a member of a secret clan of immortals who either don't age or age once every 100 years.
- Bob actually lives a clean life (no smoking, no drinking, no drugs, no wild, promiscuous sex) and takes care of himself (eats right and exercises).
- Inverted: Younger than They Look
- Subverted: He appears to be in the same class as Charlie, as well as Danny and Eli, who are in sixth grade.
- Double Subverted: He's repeating grades.
- Parodied: Bob looks like a baby, but is really middle aged.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob looks and acts his age.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Bob isn't taken seriously by others because of how easy he can pass for someone under 18 years old.
- Bob's girlfriend is arrested for lewd acts with a minor just because of Bob's youthful looks.
- Reconstructed: Bob always carries a legal ID that proves his real age to avoid misunderstandings.
- Played For Laughs: Bob goes to get his drivers license and gets rejected for being too young. Frustrated he goes to an American bar, shows his ID and orders a drink.
Back to Older than They Look