Playing With: Non-Action Big Bad
: A Big Bad
who doesn't fight.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz doesn't want to get his hands dirty, so he sends General Drake and his minions to fight the heroes.
- Exaggerated: Evulz has Drake, who's a Physical God, as well as tons of minions. When fought, Evulz himself lasts one second.
- Downplayed: Orcus on His Throne
- Evulz doesn't fight because he's too busy running his empire or organization; he literally doesn't have time or incentive for it.
- Evulz is the mind behind the villainy, but is lacking in brute force, so he leaves the fighting to those more suited to it.
- Evulz is too old to fight.
- Inverted: Evulz is much more dangerous than any of his henchmen, and regularly fights and defeats his enemies.
- Evulz doesn't fight and gives no indication of being capable of it, but when confronted directly, he turns out to be very powerful.
- Orcus on His Throne
- General Drake turns out to be the real Big Bad, using Evulz as a facade.
- Double Subverted: ...But then it turns out this is only because he's wearing Powered Armor, drawing on an Artifact of Doom and when it's destroyed or taken away, he's helpless again.
- Parodied: Evulz is a weakling who needs his mooks to help him.
- Zig Zagged: Evulz only fights if he's 100% certain he'll win, so he ends up fleeing half of his battles.
- Averted: Emperor Evulz is as powerful as General Drake, if not more powerful.
- Enforced: "If we make him a warrior, then the final battle just comes down to whoever's better at fighting. "
- Lampshaded: "Why doesn't Evulz ever fight?"
- Invoked: General Drake convinces Evulz to let him do all the fighting, so Drake knows he'll win if Evulz tries to betray him.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Emperor Evulz trains himself in various forms of combat, just in case he's forced to take down the heroes on his own.
- Discussed: "Should we be worried about the fact that we're taking orders from someone who can't even throw a punch?"
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Emperor Evulz' lack of combat skills renders him no match to even the weakest heroes in straight up combat.
- Reconstructed: If the heroes could just get to Evulz, they could take him out easily, but he always seems to have a way out, and a nasty surprise to slow them down while he makes his exit.
- Played For Laughs: Evulz eventually has to use a gun. He constantly asks if he's pointing it the right way and where the 'reload' button is.
Back to Non-Action Big Bad