: A character who is on the side of good, but doesn't have heroic motivations.
- Straight: Brock fights alongside the other heroes, but doesn't have a noble motivation of being a hero.
- Exaggerated: Brock fights alongside the most morally sound heroes ever, but he lacks any heroic motivations that the heroes will quickly brand him as "evil".
- Downplayed: Brock fights alongside the other heroes, and even though he has some noble causes, that isn't enough to make him a full-fledged hero.
- Subverted: Brock seems to only be fighting the villains for selfish reasons, but he turns out to have a Hidden Heart of Gold.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: The other heroes ask Brock why does he fight on the good side, and Brock explains that it's because the villain broke his Xbox 360.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Brock is a hero who fights for justice and compassion for others.
- Enforced: "These good guys always fight For Great Justice. Let's make a hero who fights for his own reasons."
- Lampshaded: "I'm not a good guy. I just help good guys. No reason really."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Brock thought that fighting for his own reasons is selfish and declares that he fights for the good of everybody.
- Discussed: "Some say that Brock needs to learn how to be a real hero by fighting for people instead of fighting for himself."
- Conversed: "Whatever happened to those heroes in the comics who fight for justice and peace? Now we got heroes who fight for anything but."
Back to Nominal Hero