Playing With: Nominal Hero
Basic Trope: A character who is on the side of good, but doesn't have heroic motivations.
Back to Nominal Hero
- Straight: Brock fights alongside the other heroes, but doesn't have a noble motivation of being a hero.
- Exaggerated: Brock fights alongside the most morally sound heroes ever, but he lacks any heroic motivations that the heroes will quickly brand him as "evil".
- Downplayed: Brock fights alongside the other heroes, and even though he has some noble causes, that isn't enough to make him a full-fledged hero.
- Brock thinks he has nothing better to do other than to seek enjoyment in the heroes' adventure.
- Brock is Only in It for the Money.
- Brock is forced against his will to go along with the heroes.
- Brock is a Blood Knight who enjoys beating up the villains.
- Brock wishes he had a normal life where there's no drama, crime, or catastrophes.
- Brock wants to impress Caitlyn whom he has a crush on.
- Brock realizes that teaming with the heroes is more efficient way to achieve his goal than to do morally questionable deeds.
- Brock just wants to be alone, but the villains always threaten his peace so he had to fight against them alongside the heroes.
- Brock and the heroes are caught in an impossible situation, and thus, he and they must work together to survive.
- Brock has powers that are needed to save the world. As long nothing he cares about gets destroyed, he doesn't bother.
- Brock's powers are hereditary, whether it's political power or super power genetics, and thus is forced to fight for good, because he's supposed to.
- Subverted: Brock seems to only be fighting the villains for selfish reasons, but he turns out to have a Hidden Heart of Gold.
- Double Subverted: But it appears that Brock is pretending to be nice just to get them out of his back and return doing what he usually does. Of course, he is forced to come alongside their adventures again.
- Parodied: The other heroes ask Brock why does he fight on the good side, and Brock explains that it's because the villain broke his Xbox 360.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Brock is a hero who fights for justice and compassion for others.
- Enforced: "It's so boring how good guys always fight For Great Justice. Let's make a hero who fights for his own reasons."
- Lampshaded: "I'm not a good guy. I just help good guys. No reason really."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Brock thought that fighting for his own reasons is selfish and declares that he fights for the good of everybody.
- The heroes decide to teach Brock how to fight for the greater good.
- Discussed: "Some say that Brock needs to learn how to be a real hero by fighting for people instead of fighting for himself."
- Conversed: "Whatever happened to those heroes in the comics who fight for justice and peace? Now we got heroes who fight for anything but."
Back to Nominal Hero