: A downtrodden character is overjoyed at simple kindnesses and conveniences
- Straight: Alice and Bob are so poor that eating regularly is a luxury for them.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob live in such a Crapsack World that being able to breathe oxygen is a luxury for them!
- Downplayed: Alice and Bob are currently having financial troubles, Bob surprises Alice with an expensive dessert.
- Justified: Alice and Bob have been poor for so long that they truly appreciate whatever small favors come their way.
- Inverted: Spoiled Brat
- Subverted: Desperately poor Alice and Bob are given a meal, and then gripe about the service.
- Double Subverted: But then discover they also get tableware and are thrilled.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob are so poor they think a ketchup packet is hearty meal.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "You guys look at potato chips like they were caviar or something!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Big Bad Doctor Steel, uses Food as Bribe To get Alice and Bob to be pawns in his plot
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: "They say Alice and Bob are so poor that a single French fry is a luxury for them!"
- Conversed: "What makes shows like this depressing is that people DO live in these levels of poverty."
- Played For Laughs: Alice and Bob are amazed that Charlie eats expensive foods real potato chips and soda, See Parodied above.
- Played For Drama: Alice and Bob are so poor, they are starving, Bob gives up his last morsel of food so Alice can live.
Back to Mundane Luxury