- Straight: Alice humanizes Bob, who is a dark, gritty hero who seeks revenge on criminals.
- Exaggerated: Alice humanizes Bob, who happens to be a villain who can be impossible to redeem.
- Downplayed: Alice manages to humanize a character who is asocial and indifferent to others.
- Bob is inspired by kind, virtuous Alice and aspires to be like her.
- Alice is in love with Bob and wants to redeem him so they can be together without complications.
- Alice degrades Bob, who is a nice well-meaning person.
- Alice is the only person who Bob doesn't treat correctly.
- Subverted: Kick the Morality Pet.
- Double Subverted: Bob apologises after he kicks the morality pet and vows never to do anything to hurt her again.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice has no effect on Bob at all.
- Enforced: "We need a character who can make the Anti-Hero a more pleasant person."
Bob: If you all don't all shut up I'll stop this car and leave you all in the middle of nowhere!
Charles: ...I'm guessing except Alice?
Bob: Except Alice.
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Bob's enemies know of his affection for Alice, as well as his reputation as a apparent badass Anti-Hero, and use this knowledge to tease him and get under his skin.
- Defied: "Listen, toots, I'm not gonna let you change me for who I am. I change for nobody!"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "I love these type of characters who know how to tame these gruff, gritty heroes."
- Kick the Morality Pet.
- Bob cares about Alice a lot but because of the Crapsack World they are living in, he was forced to committed crueler things for her sake, which caused a wedge in their relationship.
- Just because Bob is nice to Alice, that doesn't negate the rest of his actions. However, because others know how kind he is to Alice, he is able to downplay actions that would otherwise cross the Moral Event Horizon by putting more emphasis on his relationship with Alice, effectively making him a Karma Houdini.
- Played For Drama: Alice is the only person Bob is remotely nice to or trusts. Once Alice is revealed to be The Mole, Bob is devastated by her betrayal, and goes on a depressed rampage which makes him a danger to himself and others.
Back to Morality Pet.