: Marijuana (or any drug, for that matter) causes powerful hallucinations and/or extreme disassociation.
- Straight: A person smokes a joint of marijuana, and suffers vivid hallucinations and/or loses concentration.
- Downplayed: A person smokes marijuana and experiences aggression that is usually associated with PCP.
- Justified: The drug is extremely experimental, or is laced with a much more powerful drug.
- A person takes LSD, but it has the same effects as marijuana in Real Life.
- A person smokes marijuana, and there is no effect.
- A person smokes lots of marijuana, but the audience never sees it kicking in.
- A person smokes a joint and has an hallucination, only that it was a very lucid dream.
- Double Subverted: Only to realize that the drug he was smoking was not marijuana, and the person then smokes marijuana and then suffers the effects.
- Someone thinks he smoked marijuana, and starts going through the motions, despite not actually inhaling any smoke.
- Someone hallucinates after drinking a single sip of coffee.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes marijuana has these effects, and sometimes it doesn't.
- Averted: Someone smokes marijuana, but suffers no effects, or has more realistic ones.
- Enforced: Moral Guardians wanted to make marijuana to be worse in the series to scare kids from using that.
- Lampshaded: "I hear purple!"
- Invoked: Someone blows marijuana smoke at someone, or gets the person to inadvertently smoke marijuana, knowing that the person will suffer these side effects.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The person who prepared the pot makes sure it isn't contaminated with LSD, so his/her customers get the effects they are looking for and come back.
- Discussed: "That's not what happens when you smoke pot! That's what LSD does."
- Conversed: "This show is just plain weird! It's like some priggish moral guardian wanted to make pot seem incredibly scary and terrible."
Back to Marijuana Is LSD