Playing With: Light 'em Up
: Light-based powers; not necessarily associated with moral high ground
- Straight: In Heroes of Troperia, Lady Alice's power is Light, which manifests as a glowing light saber, glowy Healing spells, and a Holy Hand Grenade.
- Exaggerated: Lady Alice rides a Humongous Mecha made of Light.
- Downplayed: Lady Alice can change the light level in a room and do things akin to what you could do with a flashlight, but can't attack with it.
- The characters are fighting dark-themed monsters.
- Lady Alice is a scientist who's studies focus on photons. Her magic/tools are all built around the concept of using light as a weapon because of her studies.
- Inverted: Casting a Shadow.
- Subverted: Lady Alice's power is not Light, it's heavy particles.
- Double Subverted: But those heavy particles can't function without prior exposure to light (or Light).
- Parodied: Alice's power is literally used to light the way, her light saber used as a flashlight.
- Zig Zagged: Lady Alice gains and loses her powers of Light several times throughout the story.
- Averted: Nobody use Light (or Darkness) in Heroes of Troperia.
- "We need to show the audience that Alice is one of the good guys! Give her light-based power!"
- "We need a memorable villain that subverts audience's expectation! Give Gloria light-based power!"
- Lampshaded: "Oooooh... shiny!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The Big Bad creates minions immune to or that get stronger with the powers of light, knowing that, that's the power the heroes will be using against them.
- Defied: Lady Alice refuses to learn how to wield the power of Light in favour of more traditional powers.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Ooh, light-based powers! She either an All Loving Heroine or a Knight Templar, mark my words".
- Deconstructed: Users of Light are blind, due to constant exposure to strong light.
- Reconstructed: Users of Light learn to blind their enemies.
Here, let me throw a few ray beams so you can find your way back to Light 'em Up