Playing With: Let's You and Him Fight
: Two heroes, on the same side, and working for the same goals, attack each other.
- Straight: Actionman and the Swordsman are both trying to bring down Emperor Evulz, but they attack each other the first time they meet.
- Exaggerated: Actionman and the Swordsman burst into Emperor Evulz's lair, but try to kill each other while Evulz watches on and laughs.
- Downplayed: When Actionman and Swordsman first meet, they grapple with each other a little but they quickly realize they're both heroes going after the same guy and decide to team up.
- Actionman thought the Swordsman was a criminal.
- Actionman knows Swordsman is an Anti-Hero out to kill Evulz and since he has a strict Thou Shalt Not Kill policy, decides to take him down before going after the villain.
- Mind Control or something similar may be at work, forcing the heroes to fight.
- Inverted: Enemy Civil War
- Subverted: The Swordsman talks his way out of a fight with Actionman by explaining who he is, and they avoid a battle.
- Double Subverted: But they have a lighthearted sparring match as soon as they get the opportunity.
- Parodied: Actionman and the Swordsman recognize each other as heroes, but attack each other anyways because "it's traditional"
- Zig Zagged: The Swordsman and Actionman frequently change allegiances for expedience, sometimes fighting together, and sometimes fighting each other.
- Averted: Actionman and the Swordsman recognize each other from the news and greet each other cordially.
- Enforced: The entire fanbase wants to see a fight between Actionman and the Swordsman.
- Lampshaded: "Next time we meet, could we not beat each other to a pulp?"
- The Swordsman tests every new hero he meets, in order to ensure their competence.
- Emperor Evulz manipulates the heroes into conflict with one another.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz takes the time Actionman and the Swordsman will spend fighting into account when developing a timetable for his evil plan.
- Defied: Even though the Swordsman attacks him, Actionman refuses to fight back until the Swordsman realizes they're not enemies.
- Discussed: Emperor Evulz, watching the fight from afar, mutters to himself, "They're after me, yet they've started fighting each oth- Oh hell yes!"
- Conversed: "I've wanted to see these two fight forever! A fanboy's dream come true at last!
- Deconstructed: Emperor Evulz is a competent Manipulative Bastard who constantly tricks heroes into fighting each other, and when they've weakened themselves too much, swoops in for the kill.
- Reconstructed: Emperor Evulz is a competent Manipulative Bastard, but also The Man Behind the Curtain from taking only easy victories. The heroes, meanwhile, have gotten tougher and smarter by practicing on each other, and when they finally unite, they crush Evulz.
- Implied: Actionman and Swordsman mention their first meeting with Actionman saying, "It was a tough fight... then we decided to go after Emperor Evulz".
- Played For Laughs: Rookie Boy attacks Swordsman when they meet, only for Swordsman shout What the Hell, Hero?? Rookie Boy nervously and embarrassingly mentions he thought it was proper protocol.
- Played For Drama: Actionman and Swordsman fight when they first meet, resulting in one of them being killed by accident.
Wait! If you'd just go back to Let's You and Him Fight
, you'd see I'm on your side!