- Straight: Bogged down in the middle of a trench fight, Frank’s last words are “I think we need to get over there and-”
- Exaggerated: Every single Red Shirt dies this way.
- Downplayed: Frank lies in the hospital bed, very sick and with many painkillers. He begins to ramble, drifts to sleep in the middle of a sentence, and then dies in his sleep.
- Justified: It’s not like everyone gets to go out with a set of Famous Last Words.
- Frank is shot in the middle of his sentence, but he actually manages to say “Ow! That…really hurt!” before dying.
- Alternately, Frank is cut off by being shot, but it turns out he’s only unconscious…
- Double Subverted: …until he dies in the hospital during surgery.
- Frank’s overused catchphrase is cut off.
- Alternately, in a foreign film, both Frank and his subtitler are killed at the same time, and the rest of the film is not subtitled because of the subtitler's apparent death.
- Frank is shot in the middle of his sentence, but he was holding a sign that says the end of the sentence.
- Frank's assassin is known by his tendency to interrupt everything mid-sentence, including his records.
- In a world where Death Is Cheap, being killed mid-sentence is treated like a mundane interruption such as having to answer the doorbell.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Frank is not killed in the middle of his sentence, dying either before he can speak, or after he spoke.
- Frank neither dies nor is in danger of dying.
- Enforced: To prove that Anyone Can Die.
- Lampshaded: “Jesus Christ, that guy didn’t even finish his sentence!”
- Invoked: Frank’s assassin deliberately waits until he is saying something important to kill him, just to screw around with the witnesses.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The gun Frank's assassin is using misfires, allowing Frank to finish his sentence.
“And then Frank said something I’ll never forget: ‘I wanted you to know…’”
“That was it. He never finished his sentence. Took a bullet to the head.”
- Conversed: “Damn! That guy just got slaughtered mid-sentence!”
Go back to Killed Mi—*thud*