- Right after Bob quit his job, he turned in his badge.
- Mr. Boss fires Alice by removing her badge because she's lazy at her job.
- Exaggerated: Mr. Boss removes every single emblem and decoration, including buttons, off Alice's highly decorated uniform.
- Downplayed: Mr. Boss tells Alice on a Friday afternoon to turn in her badge on Monday morning.
- Alice is promoted, so she gets a new set of insignia pinned on.
- Alice is part of an elite order which has a tattooed insignia and their own unique armor. They leave her with just the insignia as a mark of shame.
- Subverted: Mr. Boss tugs on the insignia and tells Alice to take it off.
- Double Subverted: Then impatiently rips it off anyway.
- When Mr. Boss removes Alice's badge he accidentally also removes her shirt.
- When Bob is dishonorably discharged from the Army, all uniform items, including the GI issue underwear, are forcibly removed.
- Mr. Boss struggles trying to pull off the incredibly well attached insignia.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice is asked to turn in her uniform instead.
- Enforced: It was based off of a true story where Alice really did go through this for refusing to follow immoral orders.
- Lampshaded: ???
Mr. Boss: Where's your badge?
Bob: Here in my pocket.
Mr. Boss: Put it on.
Bob: Okay. [He does, and Mr. Boss immediately rips it off.]
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Insignia Rip-Off Ritual