Playing With: Indo-European Alien Language
: An alien language is grammatically almost identical to the language of the target audience
- Straight: The inhabitants of Planet Troperius speak a language with grammar similar to that of European languages.
- Exaggerated: The language of Planet Troperius is almost perfect English.
- Downplayed: The language of Planet Troperius has an unusual grammar, but enough for the universal translator to pick it up.
- The inhabitants of Troperius are human, descended from Proto-Indo-Europeans who discovered a wormhole and ended up there.
- In ages past, aliens enslaved an Indo-European tribe. He Who Fought Oppressors became oppressive in turn, and the resulting empire dominated the galaxy, and the majority of alien languages today are descended from the language of The Empire.
- The inhabitants of Planet Troperius speak a totally alien language even the universal translator can't decipher.
- Humans learned Proto-Indo-European from alien precursors.
- Subverted: Troperians speak a language that looks or sounds Indo-European at first, but the grammar is actually exotic bordering on Starfish Language.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: "This is my thesis, on why the dominant language of Troperius looks like a satem version of Proto-Celtic with Verner's law."
- Conversed: ???
Back to Indoeuropeanalienlanguage