: An alien language is grammatically almost identical to the language of the target audience
- Straight: The inhabitants of Planet Troperius speak a language with grammar similar to that of European languages.
- Exaggerated: The language of Planet Troperius is almost perfect English.
- Downplayed: The language of Planet Troperius has an unusual grammar, but enough for the universal translator to pick it up.
- Justified: The inhabitants of Troperius are human, descended from proto-Indo-Europeans who discovered a wormhole and ended up there.
- Inverted: The inhabitants of Planet Troperius speak a totally alien language even the universal translator can't decipher.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Indoeuropeanalienlanguage