: A seemingly important part of the basic setting of the story is scarcely mentioned and has little significance on the plot.
- Straight: The Republic of Kattadra is one of the three main countries in the continent the stories took place; however, only a handful of minor characters come from Kattadra and few important things happened in Kattadra.
- Exaggerated: The Republic of Kattadra is one of the three main countries in the continent the stories took place; but the only place the story mentioned Kattadra is a footnote in page three when the main character's teacher is teaching him world geography.
- Downplayed: Kattadra is regularly Out of Focus but is also a Chekhov's Boomerang — it's very important when it does appear.
- Justified: Kattadrans fear any relationship with foreigners and is in seclusion, so it's normal that things happening in other countries don't involve Kattadrans.
- Inverted: Kattadra is a very small country that could be overlooked in the map, but most of the cast is from there.
- Subverted: It turns out later that the hero and all his family is moved from Kattadra, and it is because of something in Kattadra which is crucial to the plot.
- Double Subverted: However this arc was very short, and after that nobody mentions Kattadra again.
- Parodied: Kattadra is a country ruled by monkeys.
- Zig Zagged: The Republic of Kattadra is on the continent the story took place in, but not a lot of things happen in Kattadra, and only a handful of minor characters originate there. However, it is revealed that The Hero comes from Kattadra, and he needs to return for a plot-important MacGuffin. However, the MacGuffin is found to be useless, and the heroes do not revisit Kattadra again. But is the MacGuffin really useless after all?
- Averted: All of the three countries, including Kattadra, play a major part in the plot.
- Executive Meddling forced the creators to change a large part of Kattadra's involvement to the story.
- Alternatively, Executive Meddling forces the creators to include one more major country to make the setting more diverse.
- Lampshaded: What's a Kattadran?
- Invoked: Kattadra has taken a foreign policy of seclusion and neutrality.
- Exploited: Well aware of the of Kattadra's internationally "irrelevance", a villain starts opening safe-houses, illegal operations' fronts and all sorts of shady places in it, knowing they won't be discovered there.
- Defied: Kattadra realizes it has done nothing to help its allies in the war and sends a badass army, solely to land themselves a place in the history books
- Discussed: "(pointing at the map) Why is nobody we know from this big country? We have enough people from the other two major nations!."
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Lack of relationship between Kattadra and other countries, caused its economy to be very fragile and finally break down.
- Reconstructed: The Kattadrans figured out a way to repair this problem, and continue seclusion.
- Played For Laughs: People begin to doubt the existence of Kattadra.
Go back to Hufflepuff House