: [A one sentence summary of the trope]
- Straight: Alice, Bob and Claire speak Language A, but Alice and Bob speak Language B to prevent Claire from understanding them.
- Exaggerated: ???
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: ???
- Subverted: Claire also knows Language B and understands the conversations that Alice and Bob wanted to keep secret from her.
- Double Subverted: Claire doesn't know Language B well enough to fully understand the conversation.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob can speak Language B, but choose not to because they don't want to act like they are keeping secrets from Claire.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "We can't let Claire find out about this, Bob." "It's a good thing she doesn't know Language B, Alice!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
I'm sure the people talking in that language I don't know are discussing Hiding Behind The Language Barrier