: A villain realizes that he/she is the bad guy.
- Straight: Bob is an Evil Overlord who realizes that in the process of taking over the world, he's brought death and suffering to millions of people.
- Exaggerated: Bob is a God of Evil who realizes that in the process of causing The End of the World as We Know It, it's brought death and suffering to millions of people.
- Downplayed: Bob is the Jerk Jock who realizes that his bullying was hurting people.
- Justified: Bob started as a Well-Intentioned Extremist who believed that Utopia Justifies the Means, and honestly believed until now that he was doing the right thing.
- Subverted: Bob sees all the pain he's caused, but it only makes him surer that it's all for the greater good.
- Double Subverted: Bob realizes that his original goals were evil, but his essentially unpleasant nature means that his activities in the service of "good" are just as vicious.
- Parodied: Bob accidentally forgets to feed his pet cat, Muffins. He has a nervous breakdown as a result.
- Zig Zagged: Bob sees the pain he's caused and finally realizes he's evil. He decides he doesn't care, and stays evil for a while. But then he goes too far and realizes he's even more evil than he thought he was and decides to change.
- Enforced: "We'll want to redeem Bob eventually. He should have a crisis of conscience about being a villain."
- Lampshaded: "Your undead armies have swept across the land killing everyone in their path! Of course you're the villain!"
- Invoked: Casey gives Bob a well placed Kirk Summation in order to make him see the error of his ways.
- Exploited: Alice gives Bob a Breaking Speech that opens his eyes, and uses the moment of distraction to kill him for his crimes.
- Defied: Bob is a Knight Templar who will never see himself in the wrong no matter how much damage he causes.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Drama:
- Heel Face Door Slam
- Bob realizes that he's the villain... and likes it. Now that he's completely unhindered he will make the heroes suffer even more.
Back to Heel Realization