: A character's eyes glow, showing that they are not fooling around
- Straight: Bob's eyes glow when he is about to unleash his strongest technique on the evil Lord Bloodstone.
- Exaggerated: Being annoyed causes Bob's eyes to glow with a blinding light.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Bob's eyes glow as he charges his Eye Beams.
- Bob has perpetually glowing eyes that lose their glow once he is sufficiently infuriated.
- Bob's eyes glow when he is joking around.
- Bob's eyes darken when he is enraged.
- Subverted: Bob's eyes glow, but his ultimate technique turns out to be laughably pathetic.
- Double Subverted: The laughable technique was merely a decoy in order to buy time for Bob to charge up his true ultimate technique, which also causes Bob's eyes to glow.
- Zig Zagged: Each time Bob charges his ultimate technique, either his eyes glow, they don't glow, only one eye glows, or they flash off and on rapidly like strobe lights.
- Parodied: Bob's eyes glow as bright as the sun, so he is hired by a power company to charge their solar panels.
- Averted: Nobody's eyes glow when things get serious.
- Enforced: The writers want to tangibly show Bob's power before he actually unleashes it without resorting to Informed Abilities.
- "See that glow in his eyes? You are so screwed."
- "How on earth can you see with glowing eyes?"
- "I'd hate to get in a staring contest with that guy..."
- Invoked: Bob learns to channel power into his eyes to make them glow when he is angry or powering up.
- Exploited: Bob deliberately uses his glowing eyes to intimidate his enemies.
- Bob trains his eyes not to glow when powering up so that he doesn't give himself away.
- Bob always wears dark sunglasses, so we can't see whether or not his eyes glow.
- Discussed: "So tell me about these secret ninja techniques. Do your eyes glow when you use them or anything like that?"
- Conversed: "See, his eyes always start to glow around the climax of each episode. And the bad guys never take the hint and run like hell like they should."
- Deconstructed: The glowing eyes may be effective, but the glow causes Bob to go blind.
- Reconstructed: But Bob then becomes a Blind Seer whose vision is not obstructed by his glowing eyes.
- Played For Laughs: Bob and his nemesis have a climactic final battle that consists entirely of a contest to see whose eyes can glow brighter.
- Played For Drama: Bob is trying to sneak into the Big Bad's lair, but his glowing eyes could give him away, so he must carefully modulate his emotions so as to not make his eyes glow unintentionally.
His eyes are glowing! Quick, run back to Glowing Eyes of Doom