: Women's prisons are treated as an Excuse Plot
for lesbian porn or are presented as cozy, clean and safe in constrast to men's prisons.
- Straight: Alice is sent to prison for jaywalking. She ends up entering into a hot, steamy relationship with her cellmate.
- Exaggerated: Alice's cell is a Luxury Prison Suite. Heck, Alice Might as Well Not Be in Prison at All. And all the inmates wear sexy lingerie under their prison uniforms, and have sexy pillow fights when the lights go out.
- Downplayed: Alice's cell isn't too bad (more like a college dorm room), and she gets along well with the other inmates, but isn't anyone's girlfriend.
- Alice is in a minimum-security prison, and there isn't much in the way of gang culture in this setting.
- Alice is wealthy and committed a white-collar crime.
- Alice gets in a brutal conflict with the prison's Alpha Bitch when she gets there and has to train herself in order to avoid getting bullied or killed by her.
- Alice meets her cellmate, who is much stronger and tougher than she is and a bully to boot.
- Double Subverted:
- But then winds up in a loving (and sexy) relationship with her, which improves her station in prison life.
- The cellmate ends up on friendly terms with Alice, and does not rape her.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- The prison is portrayed as dangerous, maybe even to the point of being a Hellhole Prison.
- Alice doesn't go to prison.
- Enforced: Girl on Girl Is Hot, Viewers Are Morons.
- Lampshaded: "Don't worry about it, Alice; girl jail is just lingerie-clad pillow fights. You know, like on TV!"
- Invoked: Alice is sent to prison.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: "Alice will be fine; women's prisons aren't that bad. Not like men's prisons."
- Conversed: "Clearly, TV writers should stop fapping and start researching about women's prison."
- Deconstructed: Because everyone believes a women's prison is just a peaceful dormitory for naughty girls, nobody notices that all the prisoners are planning a massive escape. When the plan is put to execution, no one is prepared and the whole prison's staff gets slaughtered by the inmates as they successfully escape.
- Reconstructed: The setting is portrayed realistically, with Alice struggling everyday to survive and not become anyone's "special friend."
Back to Girls Behind Bars