: A very thirsty person drinks from a very
- Straight: Bob has to spend all night working on his report, so he gets a bucket-sized cup of coffee.
- Exaggerated: Bob works with a dozen barrel-sized cups of coffee nearby.
- Downplayed: Bob's coffee cup holds two more liquid ounces than the regular cup.
- Bob has a sleep disorder that requires greater-than-normal doses of coffee to stay awake.
- Alternatively, Bob isn't exactly a human and needs more coffee.
- Bob drinks from a bucket-sized cup of coffee, then spends all night working because he can't sleep.
- Alternatively, Bob drinks coffee from a vodka glass.
- Subverted: Bob is too busy working all night on the report to drink anything.
- Double Subverted:
- After work, however, he goes and orders a huge drink from a fast-food joint.
- Alternately, coworker Charlie makes a food run and brings back a large softdrink for Bob.
- Parodied: Bob is seen sitting next to a massive container of coffee with an IV drip in his arm.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob doesn't want to spend the money/risk the calories on such a large drink.
- Enforced: The bucket-sized cup is a new gag gift from the show's sponsors.
- Lampshaded: Bob tells Alice he has an all-night project, then asks her to fill up "Gargantua".
- Invoked: Alice, anticipating that Bob would hit an all-night deadline in the near future, gives him a bucket-sized cup as a gift.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Upon hearing that Bob has to pull an all-nighter, Alice smashes Bob's bucket-sized cup.
- Discussed: "I'd like a Double Extra Large frappuchino, please."
- Conversed: "I think the oversized coffee cups they're using on the show are Product Placement. They have a convenience store logo, and everyone always refers to them by the exact brand name."
- Deconstructed: Bob develops kidney problems from drinking such excessive quantities.
- Reconstructed: Bob's doctor advises him to drink plenty of water.
- Played For Laughs:
- Bob drinks from his bucket-sized cup of coffee, but ends up too hyperactive to actually get the report done.
- Bob downs the entire bucket in one gulp, then finishes in half a second during the Caffeine Bullet Time. He then proceeds to finish the backlog of work he hadn't finished, and fill the next month's quota, too... all before 3:00 AM. And then promptly falls asleep.
- Played For Drama: Bob drinks from his bucket-sized cup of coffee, then falls over from cardiac arrest.
Back to Gigantic Gulp