'''Basic Trope''': A character's [[ImpossiblyCoolClothes outfit]] is deliberately uneven.
* '''Straight''': [[BlackMagicianGirl Marcy]] wears a [[SkirtOverSlacks skirt over her shorts]]; the right side is a Grade A ZettaiRyouiki while the left has a higher stocking to match the higher hemline.
* '''Exaggerated''': Her top has a long left sleeve and a short right sleeve, she has only one (right) glove, and her ponytail's pulled off to one side. She even has heterochromia.
* '''Downplayed''': Both sides are Grade A ZettaiRyouiki, but the socks are of different color.
** Marcy's clothes are custom-made.
** Erica wears an ultra-armored left gauntlet without a similar one on the left since she can't maneuver her gun with one on the right, and her leading arm needs protection.
** It's a fashion standard of her culture.
* '''Inverted''': [[CombatMedic Claudia's]] clothes are perfectly symmetrical, down to every last seam.
* '''Subverted''': Marcy's shirt looks like one of its sleeves is shorter than the other, but it was just rolled up and she doesn't usually wear it like that. Her clothes are actually normal and fairly symmetrical.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...Until they get damaged during an important plot event, and she decides to keep them that way.
** Marcy wears so many random bits and pieces of clothes that you can't even tell there's a person underneath.
** Alternatively, she wears all her doodads on the same side, and ends up falling over due to the uneven distribution of weight.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Marcy has an UnlimitedWardrobe, some of her outfits are asymmetrical, some are symmetrical.
* '''Averted''': Marcy's clothes are symmetrical
** "How about we make her clothes [[MundaneMadeAwesome ''DIFFERENT ON BOTH SIDES'']]? That would be [[TotallyRadical totally groovy]]!
** Asymmetrical clothing would be a fitting costume choice for a character who has a SplitPersonality or is TwoFaced.
* '''Lampshaded''': [[CloudCuckooLander Marcy]]: "Asymmetry is the newest craze, yo!"
* '''Invoked''': "If I throw off the symmetry enough, I'll be the most popular girl in school!"
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Marcy goes out of her way to pick out clothes that are symmetrical.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** Having one sleeve/pant-leg shorter than the other results in the uncovered limb being horrifically scarred/mutilated due to lack of protection.
** Alternatively, it just feels plain weird to wear due to [[DamnYouMuscleMemory being used to symmetrical clothing]].
* '''Reconstructed''': She has a flipped version of her outfit made to hide the scarring.
* '''Played For Laughs:''' Marcy designed her own clothes and thinks she looks super-fashionable; her friends... Don't all really agree.
* '''Played For Drama:''' Marcy's outfit used to be symmetric, but was damaged when her home was attacked and her master slain right in front of her. She repaired the outfit and reinforced it with magic, but deliberately left it uneven as a reminder of why the repairs were necessary and how her life was thrown into disarray with her master's death.
Back to FashionableAsymmetry.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???