: A character (willingly) rarely speaks to most people, but speaks to certain people much more often.
- Straight: Alice usually stays silent, but she speaks to Bob often.
- Exaggerated: Alice is a complete mute that doesn't speak even when spoken to, unless Bob is the one doing the talking.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Alice is a Shrinking Violet, that isn't comfortable around most people.
- Inverted: Alice speaks to everyone but Bob.
- Subverted: Although Bob and Alice are friends she doesn't speak very often to him either.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The people around Alice don't affect how much she speaks.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Alice is so quiet usually, but all of a sudden she starts talking to Bob often."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Elective Mute