'''Basic Trope''': A friend (''soi-disant'') or neighbor drops in a lot.
* '''Straight''': Alice shows up unannounced at Bob's house all the time.
** Alice cuts a hole in the wall between their apartments.
** Every episode, a different character drops into Bob's house. The character isn't always human.
** The characters all visit one another regularly, without ever asking permission beforehand.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice only shows up unannounced every so often.
* '''Justified''': Alice's stuff is at Bob's place, with his permission.
* '''Inverted''': Alice and Bob both live in an apartment, but Alice and her possessions are nowhere to be seen most of the time.
* '''Subverted''': Alice was planning on stopping by, but she became ill.
* '''Double Subverted''': She decides she can come back another day - without asking, of course.
* '''Parodied''': ???
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': No one visits anyone else without first being invited.
* '''Enforced''': Alice is an important member of the cast and, for plot reasons, needs some way to keep up to date with events.
** "Any chance you could knock next time?"
** "Alice, don't you have your own place?"
* '''Invoked''': Bob's door is left wide open.
* '''Exploited''': ???
** Alice calls first.
** Bob locks the door.
* '''Discussed''': "Thank you for not sneaking into my house earlier. A door that was accidentally left open is not an implicit invitation."
* '''Conversed''': "Why does Alice keep coming to Bob's place uninvited? She should know it's against the law!"
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob calls the police, and Alice is arrested for trespassing.
Back to DropInCharacter
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???